Tuesday, December 13, 2005

50 Things About Me

  1. I was born in the year of the monkey.
  2. I am a Capricorn and although I pay little attention to horoscopes fit the description to a ridiculous degree.
  3. I can drive a motorcycle.
  4. I am very handy and have replaced light switches in my home, amongst other repairs. It hasn’t burned down. Yet.
  5. I have always hated clowns.
  6. I am very good with language but a complete dolt at math.
  7. Bullies make me very angry.
  8. I'm 5' 1-3/4" but round up to 5' 2" because saying you're 3/4 of an inch is like saying you're 35 and a half.
  9. The word most commonly used to describe me is 'patient.' Stop thinking 'mental.'
  10. This being said, I have a very long fuse but there is a very big bomb at the end of it. Piss me off at your peril.
  11. I like taking photos.
  12. I took piano lessons for 7 years and voice lessons for 5. Can no longer play the piano (can still read music though) but can still sing. Rumour has it. See #13.
  13. I love to sing, although am not impressed with my own voice. I did pass the audition for a choir, though, so may not be as bad as I fear.
  14. The first album I bought was the Beatles "Twist and Shout." Yes, I am old. Shut up.
  15. I have seen the Aurora Borealis.
  16. I used to be married but got time off for good behaviour.
  17. I am tired of being single.
  18. I am afraid no man will ever love me.
  19. I have never, ever had a one-night stand that was any good.
  20. I chose my occupation because I couldn't find a job, couldn't afford university (yet) and I heard an ad on the radio. WTF - It pays the bills. Almost.
  21. I am embarrassed that I never got a university degree.
  22. At the end of my only year of university, my French prof told me I had a knack for languages and should pursue a career in that field. I did not listen. I have always regretted that.
  23. I did not dare to try to enter a profession because I make mistakes. I found out too late that so do they.
  24. I do not regret not pursuing the occupation I did one year of the four-year degree for, though.
  25. Nobody wanted me on their team in school sports.
  26. I can barely remember not having a cell phone, laptop computer, or digital camera although I am STILL constantly amazed by them.
  27. I can’t help it. I love Wal-Mart. I know it’s uncool. I don’t care.
  28. I put things off WAY past the last minute.
  29. I would love to still be smoking but watched my mother die of lung cancer, so can't. Which is a good thing... the not smoking part, I mean.
  30. I rarely watch TV. Sometimes documentaries or movies hold my attention but sitcoms don't anymore and reality TV is just stupid.
  31. I like to stay up very late. Even if I am exhausted.
  32. I don't like getting up in the morning. Mostly because of #31.
  33. When I am alone, I prefer to have some background noise, like a radio or TV or CD. Total silence mostly weirds me out, unless I'm trying to sleep. I blame my mother because she always had a radio on in the kitchen when I was growing up. Okay, I don't BLAME her, but that's what created the preference. I actually get kind of antsy if it's totally quiet.
  34. I am pathologically incapable of saying the correct direction the first time and will ALWAYS say right when I mean left, even though I know the difference and am thinking the right direction.
  35. Oddly, this doesn't happen when I am stage managing and referring to Stage Right, which is my left or Stage Left, which is my right.
  36. When I fly I am certain that I am living my last moments and try to comfort myself by convincing myself that surely God wouldn't let that cute little baby 3 rows up die in a plane crash and then remember that, "Oh. Right. Yes, he would."
  37. Jkirlin has taught me The Great Secret. The Great Secret that I know is that your ability to see, hear, speak, desire, remember, be visually aware, eat, and live, is temporary. If I could choose to not know something it would be this. Curses on you, Jkirlin! (Not really.)
  38. I have lost my ability to drink grown men under the table.
  39. There are 5 clocks in my 8' x 10' kitchen. Not because I purposely put them there, but because every freakin' appliance you buy these days has a clock in it.
  40. I'm just as content to be home on New Year’s Eve.
  41. I am very near-sighted. And my eyes are too dry to wear contacts all the time, so I'm stuck with glasses most of the time. I don't really mind, but contacts are so cool.
  42. I have both a terrible memory and a phenomenal memory. There is no accounting for what I will remember. I can remember the colour of a classmate's glasses from grade 4 but not to put out the garbage. I have not been diagnosed with any form of dementia. Yet.
  43. I can be very funny. It is easier with an appreciative listener.
  44. I used to be really shy. Now people laugh hysterically when I tell them that. I don't know when or why it changed, but I'm glad it did. I can still be very shy on occasion. Stop laughing.
  45. I suffer from terminal low self-esteem, but am too stupid to let it stop me from doing things.
  46. I have champagne tastes and a beer budget.
  47. I love to read. I must read. My idea of hell would be a place where there were no books.
  48. I leave lights on when I am away after dark. Not because I'm scared to enter a dark house, but just to possibly throw burglars off.
  49. I borrowed/adapted some of these comments from Misty, petite anglaise and jkirlin. But only the ones that made me think, "Yeah! Me, too!"
  50. That is all.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to pretend to write something. Then I know that the hand I just moved is on the right. Sad, isn't it!

December 14, 2005 at 9:36 a.m.  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

So glad to know about you a little bit more! I agree with # 11-13-17-18-25 and 30.
I'm jealous of 12 causs I've learned the piano by myself, can play (bad) but still can't read music. :o(
For # 14, my first album was also one of the Beatles. Pass the cane old ladies...
I disagree with #37. Nothing is temporary. I know. I've been dead. Twice! And I'm not mad (I think).
About #21. Having a university degree is NOT important. I have 2 and my bro has none. Still, he has a better life than me.
And you forgot # 51: YOU ARE A VERY FUNNY AND INTELLIGENT LADY.

December 14, 2005 at 9:55 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Alan - Hey! It's a method! Wouldn't work for me though. I know which way is right, I just can't say the correct word.

merlinprincesse - Thank you for #51!

December 14, 2005 at 10:07 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#10 made me giggle. Thanks.

#34 - I have some kind of spacial thing where I can't remember which streets are east or west of each other, which makes driving fun at times. I know where east and west are, and what order the streets are in, but when I'm driving I'm constantly having to think hard ("is it Keele next, or Dufferin? Hmmmm....).

Most bothersome.

39, 42, 47 also seem very familiar... among others.

December 14, 2005 at 11:24 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Ricardipus - I have a bit of that navigational challenge thing going on as well. I know where things are, I know how to get there, but sometimes picturing the route in advance is futile and I just have to assimilate and become one with the road. So we'll get there, and relatively expediently, but heaven only knows which route we'll take.

I'm glad #10 made you giggle. I live to make men giggle. I draw the line at guffawing but usually, if I keep my clothes on, we're safe on that score.

December 14, 2005 at 12:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am a monkey.

December 16, 2005 at 7:57 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

gw - Well, I didn't like to say...

December 16, 2005 at 11:13 a.m.  
Blogger Misty said...

I am too exhausted. And as to the rest, do you think you might have lost a twin at birth?

December 17, 2005 at 11:44 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Could be...

December 18, 2005 at 12:11 a.m.  
Blogger zoe said...

there's a lot there that i can identify with too - although i can't sing to save my life.

December 18, 2005 at 2:13 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

I would not want my life to depend on my singing, either. Not even my supper for that matter.

December 18, 2005 at 2:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home