Sunday, December 18, 2005

Have yourself a merry... Look! A shiny thing!


Oh my ears and whiskers! I'm feeling decidedly like the White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland. Christmas is a week away and I am not ready. I'm not even ready to be ready. Usually, I am one of those annoying people who is able to truthfully say that I am ready several weeks before the day having, in fact, bought the first present in the last year's Christmas sales. But not this year.

Of course every year, being ready does not include the tree being decorated as it cant be put up until the last minute because of my demented cat, so I don't count that, but nothing is finished. Nothing.

Said demented cat right now, by the way, is sitting on top of the printer, eyeballing a wall calendar which he will, if i do not stop him, tear off the wall, as he has at least three times this week. He keeps looking at the calendar, looking back at me, as if he's calculating the odds of getting the calendar down before I swoop in. And he's given up. Cat - 3, Me - 1.

But back to Christmas. (See what I mean?) I seem to have some sort of holiday-induced, adult-onset ADD going on. I can't even wrap my head around a present list. I can't even wrap my head around who should be on the list. I'm not sure I can find a pen. Time to up the medication. Which I could, if there were any. Does rum count as medication? Pray for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger merlinprincesse said...

Yep, rum and wine (yummy) are very good for demented cat. (You drink it, not the cat) Talking of demented cats, last year, my Princesse chewed on the plastic Christmas tree and she puked all the chewed needles everywhere in my apart... Demented of stupid? But soooo cute they are, as said Master Yoda... I wonder...Would you like to have a nice half-siamese cat as Christmas gift?...:O))))))

December 18, 2005 at 10:04 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

NO MORE ANIMALS! Um. Sorry. Didn't mean to shout...

December 19, 2005 at 12:52 a.m.  
Blogger Misty said...

Yes. Rum good. I've completely forgoten what I was going to say now... got a mind like one of those... erm... things with holes...
I still haven't got anything organized either... pass the rum please?

December 19, 2005 at 8:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home