Sunday, December 11, 2005

Messiah, Part the Second


Hallelujah it's over.... not really. I enjoyed my second year performing Messiah so much more (i.e. much less terror). It all went very, very well. The Saturday night performance was broadcast live on CBC One and Two. Which means I can now say I was on Saturday night, live... sorry. Couldn't resist.

We had an almost capacity crowd and got standing ovations each night. All in all, we felt it was a job well done.

The photo was taken of a rehearsal last year (and scanned from the newspaper so apologies for the quality) and unfortunately, we're not in our performance outfit. The choir is even bigger this year, with 80-some members.

And in March we perform Mozart's Requiem in the same venue. Can't wait. Is there no end to my geekery?

4 Comments:

Blogger merlinprincesse said...

Mozart Requiem is even better! So dramatic! You, lucky you!

December 12, 2005 at 1:46 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

I've very thankful, I can tell you.

December 12, 2005 at 2:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I trust you managed not to snigger during "All We Like Sheep."

December 13, 2005 at 11:59 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Tee hee! I did not snigger.

AND I refrained from commenting, "With a nice mint sauce."

And I didn't mention what you mean, either. I think I should get extra points on both counts.

December 13, 2005 at 9:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home