Friday, December 02, 2005

Now with 33% more wrath


It occurred to me this morning as I was waking up (when I have all of my most brilliant thoughts and revelations) that the title of this blog is a tad inaccurate. I mean a blog called, "The Wrath of..." whatever, should contain much wrath, should it not? Or at the very least a modicum of wrath. You know, wailing and gnashing of teeth. Break the mirror and rip the shirt kind of stuff. People may come here hoping to settle in for a good rant and here I am, prattling on about happy bunnies and deranged cats.

But I have to confess to not being a terribly wrathful individual. I can't even work myself up into a respectable snit most days. I'm a fairly contented person. Easy going, even. Um... None of you know my ex-husband, right? Excellent.

The name originated in a comment made on Zoe's blog by Ricardipus when he made some smart-alek remark he thought would incur my wrath. I immediately snapped it up, especially liking the play on the title of the Star Trek movie, Wrath of Khan. But not only do I not bear any resemblance to Ricardo Montalban, in or out of his Star Trek makeup, I just ain't that wrathful. Fed up, frustrated, annoyed, miffed even. But wrathful? That would require wishing some big time misfortune to befall those who annoy me and I can't say I do that. I don't even want to see an ACME safe fall on the ex (think child support).

To validate this belief, I decided to do some online research. I turned first to Google, where I typed in "wrath" and found 12,200,000 text and 60,800 images! That's a whole lotta wrathin' goin' on. Next, I checked MSN Encarta and found the following:

wrath [ rath, raath ], noun
Definitions:
1. great anger: strong anger, often with a desire for revenge
2. divine retribution: in some beliefs, God's punishment for sin
3. vengeance: the vengeance, punishment, or destruction wreaked by somebody in anger

Now, it's possible that definition number two applies. I could be in line for some devine retribution, because no one's perfect, but the revenge and destruction parts. Nuh-uh. Not me.

So that got me to thinking, does the content have to reflect the exact title of the blog? I looked around some more and decided to examine the correlation between other people's blog titles and their blog content. Scaryduck. Not scary. Not a duck. Hmmm. By his own admission, NOT scary, NOR a duck. So far, so good. Momentary lapses of insanity. Demonstrably NOT insane. Silly as all get out, with definitely forays into foolishness, but most definitely not insane. Dad Gone Mad. Again, not crazy, nor angry. Crazy funny, yes, but not certifiable. And on it goes. So I guess I'm off the hook on the 'truthfulness in advertising' thing.

So, 33% more it is, then. Because even I can manage that. 33% of none being none...



11 Comments:

Blogger Misty said...

Aaah! Wibble Mr Hatstand! Pass the lightly grilled stoat if you'd be so kind? :)

December 3, 2005 at 3:19 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

STOAT??? YOU'VE GRILLED THE STOAT??? WHAT DID THE STOAT EVER DO TO YOU???

And that's your 33% more wrath for today.

Come home, Mr. Hatstand. All is forgiven.

December 3, 2005 at 4:31 p.m.  
Blogger jkirlin said...

I've felt your wrath!

December 4, 2005 at 1:56 a.m.  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

Is that you on the pic? KAPLAH! (Oups, Ricardo was not a Klingon, Sorry)...

December 4, 2005 at 2:14 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

jk - That wasn't wrath, that was merely pique.

mp - Nope, not mere. That's just an anonymous wrathful one.

December 4, 2005 at 4:27 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merlinprincesse - isn't it spelled "K'Plah!!!"?

[I am a sad case I am]

Dawn - ta for the props. Also: I think the "divine retribution" reason is the most applicable... but not *God's* retribution, I'm talking about *yours*. After all, you're turning into a blogging demi-god(dess) it seems... :)


[kissy noises]

Cheers all,
R.

December 5, 2005 at 2:06 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

R. - Aw, shucks, *shuffles toes* t'anks. Kissy noises and everything. A demi-goddess never had it so good.

December 5, 2005 at 4:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all lie. Everyone lies. Reality is a fabric of lies. Now if that isn's a reason to get angry, then I'm a big fat liar. Which I'm not. OK?!

Buit I am drunker that a stoat's hatstand. Wibble.

December 5, 2005 at 7:43 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Wibble, indeed.

December 6, 2005 at 2:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Smart-alek? Moi? ;)

December 7, 2005 at 5:48 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

I was referring to some other Ricardipus, surely...

December 8, 2005 at 12:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home