Thursday, February 16, 2006

Ms. Magoo

I was fooling around with the camera tonight and discovered that you can combine the super macro setting with eyeglasses to get some interesting shots. As I may have mentioned before, I'm blind as a bat and as I'm also older than a badger I need a strong bifocal prescription. Thank the gods of opthalmology that reduction lenses and progressive bifocals were invented, otherwise I'd look like Mr. Magoo's sister. As it is, I just look* incredibly intelligent.

But I digress. During my photographic explorations, I discovered that on the super macro setting, my camera can take focused pictures through my glasses. Yes! Is this not fascinating? No? Too bad. This is my blog. Write your own drivel.

So I snapped a bunch of shots, battling reflections, the fact that my camera is non-SLR and my own ineptitude. And got:


Just one of the many ways time gets wasted around here.

*operative word




16 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Wow, cool!
Can you start a fire with them using sunlight, too?

February 16, 2006 at 9:42 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

That's too funny! I wouldn't be at all surprised...

February 16, 2006 at 9:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahaaaa...I recognise those glasses!

February 17, 2006 at 5:40 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent lens work!

February 17, 2006 at 6:24 a.m.  
Blogger zoe said...

nice eye. the pictures have made my eyes go wonky. like willy.

wonking willy.

February 17, 2006 at 8:24 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

tc - You recognize those glasses? You mean my specs have gone travelling without me?

gw - Ta, ducks.

zoe - snicker.

February 17, 2006 at 10:35 a.m.  
Blogger jkirlin said...

I like it. Little Wide Angle lenses Can you somehow comebine it with the Yakkety Yak shot?

February 17, 2006 at 10:43 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Tsk. You men. Never satisfied...

;-)

February 17, 2006 at 11:35 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

And besides, jkirlin, the lens narrows the image, it doesn't widen it. Just what are you trying to say?

February 17, 2006 at 11:37 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Without a flickr of a doubt...

February 17, 2006 at 12:43 p.m.  
Blogger Nogbad said...

Dawn - I can see better through your glasses than I can through mine - can we swap?

wv: nrimtp (or that's what it looks like through my glasses!)

February 17, 2006 at 8:33 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Hmmm. You mean you can see better through my glasses combined with my camera. Just try adding a camera to yours. It'll work. 100% FACT!

February 17, 2006 at 11:41 p.m.  
Blogger Nogbad said...

Okay - so send me your glasses AND your camera ;-)

February 18, 2006 at 10:04 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

And you'd send me... what? A white cane? A seeing-eye dog?

February 18, 2006 at 7:36 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A seeing-eye badger.

February 20, 2006 at 10:41 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Phwoar! That would be cool!

February 20, 2006 at 10:45 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home