Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Do me, Dietmar


Oh surely this can't be right. Austria? Seriously? Must be all that lederhosen. Ja! Das und das Bier. Granted, lederhosen make you hot, but not that way, if you get my drift. Or draft, considering the leg length on those sexy puppies.

Check out Spain. giggle

We're third. But we try... harder!* Mwa hahahahahahaha!




Austria No. 1 Among Sexually Satisfied
By The Associated Press
Wed Apr 19, 12:43 PM ET
The top five and bottom five nations on scale of rates of sexual satisfaction reported to University of Chicago researchers:

TOP FIVE
1. Austria: 71.4 percent satisfied with their sex lives.
2. Spain: 69 percent.
3. Canada: 66.1 percent.
4. Belgium: 64.6 percent.
5. United States: 64.2 percent.


BOTTOM FIVE
25. Thailand: 35.9 percent.
26. China: 34.8 percent.
27. Indonesia: 33.9 percent.
28. Taiwan: 28.6 percent.
29. Japan: 25.7 percent.
___
Source: Global Study of Sexual Attitudes and Behaviors, published in April's Archives of Sexual Behavior.



*This only makes sense to those who remember the Avis Rent-a-Car ads from the 1960s. Except I think they were second... never mind.



14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where did australian's rate ?

April 19, 2006 at 7:02 p.m.  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

Living in Canada must have its advantages...... :) But they did NOT consulted me though!

April 19, 2006 at 10:55 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

David - I don't know. To tell the truth, when I first read it, I thought it said Australia, not Austria. You'd have to track down the full study report.

MP - I wasn't consulted either. I'm afraid I would have brought us way, WAY down.

April 20, 2006 at 1:06 a.m.  
Blogger The Aunt said...

Four Austrians in my unit. Two in their fifties and married, two gay.

But they do all seem rather happy.

Belgium 4th! Pffft!

April 20, 2006 at 2:28 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the UK is???

Havig a nice cup of tea and wondering what all the fuss is over on table 3. Perhaps they're arguing if margarine or butter is better on scones? Pass the strawberry jam someone, please?

April 20, 2006 at 7:15 a.m.  
Blogger zoe said...

mr. fabulous, belgium rules, but they obviously got the votes wrong for this survey.

sounds like america ...

April 20, 2006 at 9:18 a.m.  
Blogger nanuk said...

As Mark Twain said "There are lies, there are damned lies, and there are statistics".

Another way to read the survey results is that Austrians, Spaniards, Canadians, etc. have low expectations about their sex lives and are easily satissfied. The Japanese, on the other hand, have such extraordinarily high standards they are living in a constant state of unfulfilledness.

How else can you explain Bukakke?

April 20, 2006 at 9:47 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

nanuk, my pet, I don't explain Bukakke. I simply turn away in horror...

April 20, 2006 at 10:38 a.m.  
Blogger Gary J. Wood said...

Good point, Nanuk. I noticed that the results are for self-reported satisfaction, not frequency or variety.

Still, I thought we'd rate higher than #3. But then, I wasn't consulted either.

April 20, 2006 at 3:01 p.m.  
Blogger Gary J. Wood said...

Forgot to mention: From those numbers it looks like the Spanish have a rich oral tradition.

*snicker*

April 20, 2006 at 5:09 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all crap.

Or I'm at the bottom percentile somewhere.

Either could be true.

[putters off to rent pr0n]

April 25, 2006 at 2:40 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all crap.

Or I'm at the bottom percentile somewhere.

Either could be true.

[putters off to rent pr0n]

April 25, 2006 at 2:40 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloody Blogger Comment Thingy(TM).

No point in posting that twice, sorry.

April 25, 2006 at 2:41 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Maybe that's how we got rated third. We do it a second time by mistake and it's inflating our numbers (amongst other things). It's no fun, though. I have that on good assurance.

Not that I would know from recent personal experience. At this rate, I may as well be married.

April 25, 2006 at 3:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home