Saturday, May 27, 2006

Posters and penquins and ducks, oh my!



I am exhausted. With a friend, I posted 120 posters advertising our auditions for the next play.















There are strategically placed posting boards all throughout the downtown area, as well as slightly more unortohodox spots...













But it wasn't all work. While we trundled about seeking appropriate posting spots, of course we did some popping into shops to admire all the pretty things we can't afford and I did some Misty-style "oooh clicky" with my camera.

Some artwork lines the walls of one of the alleyways downtown.















A hockey game that even Mr. Scary Duck TM could sink his beak into was advertised on a bar door.














And I found the pinnacle of knapsacks. The penguin pack. They come in all sizes, from a full adult-sized pack down to an eensy weensy one. And the best part? There's a sqeaker in the beak.



And of course, we had lunch...

This all took about 6 hours... and now? Time for a nap...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That backpack is the biznis!

Imagine walking into a business meeting and pulling your laptop out of one of those!

...then squeaking the beak!

Haaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaa... :D

..hey, that sounds like a new dance - "just squeakin' the beak".

OK, time for medikashun...

May 29, 2006 at 8:29 a.m.  
Blogger nanuk said...

Is it just me, or does the "i" in Oilers look like an afterthought?

And I don't know if the pic is of you or your friend, but in Pic#1 the posterer's posterior is most pulchritudinous.

May 29, 2006 at 8:47 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

TC - Isn't it? I'm still kicking myself for not having my camera the last time I visited that store, as they had the whole series lined up on the floor from littlest 'guin to the big'un. It was darned cute, I tell ya!

"Squeakin' the beak" It's the new dance craze, kids...

Nanuk - I agree with you and I'll tell her. But I have one question. How did an ugly word like 'pulchritude' come to mean "beauty, especially a woman's beauty?" I mean really.

And yes, that 'i' does look suspicious, doesn't it?

May 29, 2006 at 9:39 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear Lord I want one of those backpacks!

May 29, 2006 at 12:52 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OI-LERS!
OI-LERS!
OI-LERS!
OI-LERS!

[etc.]

Buffalo: mmmm, ok, I guess.

Carolina: WTF? Why do *they* have a hockey team?

OI-LERS!
OI-LERS!
OI-LERS!
OI-LERS!

[etc.]

May 29, 2006 at 5:39 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Kat - YES!! Aren't they splendid? Especially the squeaker.

R-wigglepus - You're asking the wrong person. Why does *anybody* have a hockey team?

And what kind of man willingly plays for a team named the Mighty Ducks? It simply can't be very macho to have your fans chant...

DUCK-IES!
DUCK-IES!

I mean really...

May 29, 2006 at 5:45 p.m.  
Blogger Misty said...

I have to have one of those penguin packs! :o)

*goes off to do Squeaking the beak*

May 30, 2006 at 6:50 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home