Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Googling norks



In which we enjoy even more Googling fun and games.









Words. I love 'em. So, I Googled "norks," a British slang term that I originally heard from Auntie Marianne, a fellow (fellow?) yak supporter. And here's some of what I found...

Norks Dackservice - From what I can gather, my Swedish being non-existant, dack is Swedish for tire (or tyre for my British readers) and Norks are a brand name. The slogan on their website is Ratt dack till din bil! Or should that be Datt rack done killed Bill?

Nork Residents' Association - The ward of Nork falls within the boundaries of Reigate & Banstead Borough Council, in the North East of Surrey. Which is really funny to me as my grandfather was from Surrey. Could explain a couple of things, huh?

New Orleans Rhythym Kings - A 1920's jazz band, from what I can gather.

Nork Deddog - is a special character in the fictional Warhammer 40,000 universe. He is an Ogryn, part of the Imperial Guard army.

And that's just from the first 10 hits.

What's that? Yes, I do have a job. Just far too much time on my hands, otherwise.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"This thread worthless without pictures."

Excellent!

June 7, 2006 at 11:34 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

I knew you'd say that!

June 7, 2006 at 11:36 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just sent you a screen grab of the word verification I got.

I'm so predictable.

June 7, 2006 at 11:37 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Yes, yes, you are.

But adorable nonetheless.

And I'll be posting that screen grab.

June 7, 2006 at 11:39 a.m.  
Blogger Alistair Coleman said...

Now, how about an incisive web expose on the phrase "Jap's Eye?"

June 7, 2006 at 11:54 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! Thank you.

And I'll not be having Scaryduck's Jap's eye exposed on the web, thank you veh much.

Oh. Does that picture go in Misty's eye spies?

June 7, 2006 at 12:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Norks Residents' Association"

Is that a euphemism for a bra shop...?

June 7, 2006 at 1:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know one dack who'd like to service your norks...

June 7, 2006 at 2:04 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Mr. Duck - Ahem. That would be terribly politically incorrect, sir. Not to mention excessively manky. ... *thinks* I'll do it!

TC - I just don't think so. But I've been wrong before *cough*marriage*cough* so don't pay any attention to me.

TRT - He says he's too tyred.

June 7, 2006 at 2:27 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as i have said in the past all yaks should be set free FREE THE YAKS NOW

June 9, 2006 at 8:32 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

David, darling, it's too late. The Yaks, along with the badgers have unionized. They shall never, ever be free, but be forced to charge union rates from hereon in.

June 9, 2006 at 1:07 p.m.  
Blogger The Aunt said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOORKS!

P.S. I'm back.

Mine are now brown.

June 10, 2006 at 8:24 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

AM - And not before time, too. It's not been warm enough here for brown norks yet. Hope you had a good holiday!

June 10, 2006 at 2:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home