Friday, August 25, 2006

Ricardipus Speaks!

Today's (in fact my first) guest blogger is Ricardipus, he of the cryptic pseudonym, distinctive hand-drawn (by himself!) avatar and many witty comments in various areas of the blogosphere and yet mysteriously, no blog of his own. I tagged him with the stupendous, riveting, pithy and yet simple and straightforward Meme of 3. But let's let Ricardipus speak for himself... [insert radio dial tuning in squeaky sounds here]

-------------------------------

First thing this morning - I've been virtually tagged, in hyper-cyber-space, that part of cyberspace that is inhabited by those of us with completely imaginary blogs.

Answers on a postcard, please, to:


Ricardipus
c/o Should Be Doing Something Else, Inc.
The Small Nook(TM)
Slightly behind and to the left of Dawn's Blog
Canada

1. Things that scare me

handguns
military jets flying overhead
bumping into weeds when swimming in the lake


2. People who make me laugh
Scaryduck
Mikey Teutul of American Chopper
David Morgan-Mar of The Irregular Webcomic


3. Things I hate the most
people who make my life difficult through incompetence
commuting
that feeling you get when you think you've lost your wallet


4. Things I don't understand
microarray data analysis
how anybody has enough spare time to write a blog
why everything needs to be so bloody complicated

5. Things I'm doing right now
listening to 90's ambient techno while typing an email to Dawn
thinking about getting a coffee

putting off reviewing a scientific manuscript about molecular genetics (yes really)

6. Things I want to do before I die
visit Australia
learn to juggle
drive a Ferrari


7. Things I can do
make bad electronic music
type fairly fast and relatively accurately
speak coherently in public


8. Ways to describe my personality
generally optimistic
mainly easy to get along with
probably too trusting


9. Things I can't do
get to the point quickly
be totally patient with the kids all of the time
drive a stick shift


10. Things I think you should listen to
gamelan music
the ocean
silence


11. Things you should never listen to
Britney Spears or her husband
all Windows default beep, startup and other sounds
artillery at close range


12. Things I'd like to learn
how to play guitar properly
race car driving
statistical genetics (yes really)


13. Favorite foods
Italian meatball sandwich
pasta arrabbiatta
barbeque'd anything

14. Beverages I drink regularly
green tea
coffee
water


15. Shows I watched as a kid
Dr. Who
The Wombles
The Dukes of Hazzard

Bonus question
16. Words I like

crepuscular
expunge
whiffle


-----------------------

And there it is, folks. Out of the depths of hyper-cyber-space, Ricardipus revealed. Well, kind of. A little bit. I really think he should have a blog of his own, don't you?

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

microarray data analysis
Me too. And I'm supposed to be a bioinformatics officer.

August 25, 2006 at 6:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dawn - no, I don't ;).

But thank you for the lovely words. And the bloggy-posty-thing.

trt - good god, I'm sorry to hear that. The Bx guys here hang out right outside my office and have long convoluted discussions that I just.don't.understand.at.all.

Mostly I just fake it though.

August 25, 2006 at 11:01 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who IS Ricardipus?

Where does he come from?

From where does his name originate?

De quelle planète vient-il?

*je n'en sais rien*

(Tiens. Nous avons les numeros trois et quinze en comun).

Why the hell am I speaking in French?

*twitch*

August 25, 2006 at 8:01 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Who is Ricardipus? Fellow Canuck, commenter extraordinaire, moniker origins shrouded in the mists of time but known in various places on the blogosphere, formerly blogless... yes! Formerly! For now, I present to you the brand, spanking, new still-got-that-new-blog-smell Ricardiblog.

www.ricardipus.blogspot.com

And that link probably won't work because I am still crap at links.

August 26, 2006 at 12:24 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Told you. One last try:
Ricardiblog

If that doesn't work, he's in the links section.

August 26, 2006 at 12:29 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

w00t!

August 26, 2006 at 12:29 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

More articulate? True TC, so good sometime he don't write And me. But others with the words good.

Mais, j'aime la langue française et c'est bienvenu sur mon blog.

But not Spanish or Russian. I gotta draw the line somewhere. Somewhere around languages I don't read yet.

August 26, 2006 at 10:21 a.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

Yes, it's true, and we at Chateau Ricardipus (see, tc, I know a French word too!) thank you all for the kind words.

Now, if you come for a visit, please remember:

1) Dawn is, apparently, crap at links. It's ricardipus.blogspot.com, so ignore the 'www' part and it'll all be lovely.

2) The answers to tc's questions aren't there, but might be in the future.

3) The blog is ugly, ugly, ugly since I don't know beans about html. Any help on getting rid of the green dividers will be greatly appreciated.

4) Content is sorely lacking at the moment...

Dawn - the blog may smell alright, but not only because it's new...

August 26, 2006 at 12:51 p.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

What I meant was, "the blog certainly smells, but not only because it's new."

Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be posting there, instead of rampaging around other peoples' comments boxes. Sorry.

August 26, 2006 at 12:57 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

P.S. Ricardipus comes from the planet "Toronto," which is just enough larger than Pluto to retain it's planet status. Denizens of the planet Toronto dispute the usually well-accepted theory that our solar system revolves around the Sun and insist that indeed, the entire universe revolves around Toronto. Ssssh! We like to humour them.

August 27, 2006 at 12:01 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bioinformatics officer is supposed to understand Unix, statistics, molecular biology and getting the coffee machine to produce something drinkable. I can do one of these.

August 27, 2006 at 9:00 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Heck! If one qualifies you, I'm a bioinformatics officer.

Would you like milk with that, sir?

August 27, 2006 at 9:15 p.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

I can do one of them too, but certainly not the making drinkable coffee bit. At least not with the office machine.

Cream, please, m'dear.

August 28, 2006 at 11:11 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home