Friday, October 06, 2006

Am I on Candid Blog Camera?

Okay, two things happened over the last 24 hours that made me want to immediately run home and blog so you'd all know about it. They are small, but still.

Picture it. Yesterday evening, sitting in
Wendy's chatting with D1, enjoying my baked potato with cream cheese and (far too many) chives and suddenly I realized I recognize the noise coming out of the loud speakers overhead. Something I never, ever expected to hear on the radio here but found on the internets a while back and, in fact, posted about it. A tune the knowledge of which I share only with my online buddies. It was this -


The JCB Song! How cool! But sadly, no longer available on line... UPDATE! Thanks to Andy Ramblings we now have a link to the JCB Song again. Thanks, Andy!

Then at the gym today, whilst "enjoying" my 6 mile stationary bike ride, I notice an ad for an item on the TV overhead. An item, despite the fact that I live in Canada, I never, ever recall seeing advertised on TV before. An item both
Ricardipus and I, being Canucks, are reputed to own. An item he actually does own, but luckily for two little vandals in my neighbourhood, I don't. An item that is in fact owned by Scaryduck, which he has named, appropriately, Dr. Teeth.

What? Oh... This.





Très cool, n'est ça pas? And if you buy one now, you get a free carrying case (for ease of travelling to all those tree-cutting parties, presumably), widgets and gadgets for sharpening and such AND (brace yourself) A.FREE.HUSQVARNA.BALL.CAP. 'Cause nuthin' says Canuck like a ball cap with a power tool brand name on it. Nothin', eh? Don't be such a hoser.

And that's the excitement for me folks. Yup. It's come down to this.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone with in Canada saved a copy of the JCB song.
get it here

October 7, 2006 at 8:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JCBs are actually made in my home town, and just down the road in Uttoxeter.

October 7, 2006 at 10:05 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Widgets, gadgets AND... a hat! We is all about the cool in Canada. Speaking of which, cool new avatar, dude.

Thank you, Andy!

Steve - Yes, I know!

October 7, 2006 at 11:33 a.m.  
Blogger Anna said...

Oh now that's funny!

Would the same Canucks sporting the Husqvarna (sounds like a word verification word) caps also have mullets? Do you have hillbillies in Cananda?

October 7, 2006 at 11:37 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

I haven't seen a mullet in a long time, but that doesn't preclude their existence. EVERYONE has hillbillies...

October 7, 2006 at 11:39 a.m.  
Blogger nanuk said...

I heard MacDonalds has just purchased the rights to "Badger, badger, badger".

October 7, 2006 at 12:40 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

For their "twoallbadgerpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepicklesonionsonasesameseedbun" campaign, no doubt.

October 7, 2006 at 10:47 p.m.  
Blogger Misty said...

*drools at thought of badger patties...*

I've got a chainsaw too, btw :)

October 8, 2006 at 7:40 a.m.  
Blogger zoe said...

i've got a hedge-trimmer which is equally dangerous when i'm using it. and almost looks the same.

October 8, 2006 at 11:42 a.m.  
Blogger Anna said...

ROFL! I guess you call them Red'Canecks?

October 8, 2006 at 2:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the world of coincidence drags ever onwards...

October 9, 2006 at 6:29 a.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

Dat is one dem fine Husqvarna.

[note to casual readers - don't try using that as a pick-up line, especially on people who might not know what a Husqvarna is.]

I'm a Poulan man myself. Although, sad truth be told, it's my parents' and I never got one of my own. You could chop down the only tree on my property with something only slightly more deadly than a pair of sewing scissors. Sigh.

October 9, 2006 at 3:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya Dawn, enjoyed that song. Found your blog via petiteanglaise.

October 17, 2006 at 11:06 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya Dawn, enjoyed that song. Found your blog via petiteanglaise.


Dawna,
BC, Canada

October 17, 2006 at 11:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home