Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Monkeyshines





Well. Here we are, then. In the midst, seemingly, of somewhat of a writer's block, if I may be so bold as to call myself a writer.

I sit here racking my brain, trying to think of something that has happened or that I have heard of worth a blog post, feeling about as productive as that there monkey up above.

There are the usual pedestrian daily things. In addition to doing the layout for the print version of the work newsletter, I have been re-enlisted to do some of the posting to the work website, so the webmaster will have back-up. Makes my job slightly more interesting, but hardly worthy of a whole post to itself.

The webmaster and I have concocted a scheme wherein we (mostly me) will take our own stock photos to use on our website and in publications. Cool. But no post.

Fall is here. Blech. I'm back at choir. Yay! But no post. Now that the fall production is over and I have my life back, I'm back into a work-out routine at the gym. Excellent, but woo and hoo.

Well. Here we are, then. Clearly, there is only one sensible topic to address here. Monkeys. Click
here to browse the source of the cute sock monkey above (link provided by Kat). Or here to play a little game. (Hint: speed counts). And it should come as no surprise that I was born in the year of the monkey.

Let's face it. The posts can only get better from here on in.

14 Comments:

Blogger Misty said...

At least you'll be getting that lovely snow again soon :)

Also: Those born in the year of the Monkey are Teh Bestest!

I'm a monkey too :)

October 4, 2006 at 6:26 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a pig, apparently.

...but don't let that put you off...

October 4, 2006 at 6:35 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also a monkey, as is Misty.

October 4, 2006 at 7:33 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh... I was too busy screen grabbing the VW...

slooooowwwww. I WAS first. Honest.

October 4, 2006 at 7:34 a.m.  
Blogger Alistair Coleman said...

Horse! Fear my l33t horsiness!

1996 = Fire Horse, in fact, which makes me either brilliant or mental.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORSE!

October 4, 2006 at 9:01 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Snow??? SNOW??? *runs around in circles, flapping arms and keening like a keening thing*

Do.Not.Mention.The.S.Word.Here.

But yes, Monkeys are the bestest.

"Either brilliant or mental..." says S. Duck. I think we're all in agreement here. Brilliantly mental.

Which is not bad for a 10-year old.

October 4, 2006 at 9:50 a.m.  
Blogger Alistair Coleman said...

That's 1966.

Arses.

October 4, 2006 at 10:15 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

'Tis all right, m'love. I was born in 1996 as well. Sort of.

vw - opuhwya - Wasn't this a character in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"

October 4, 2006 at 10:34 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm also a monkey, but in a totally different year... 1980. So is my hubby-to-be.

October 4, 2006 at 12:29 p.m.  
Blogger nanuk said...

Gee. Thanx. Now I can't get that Stones' song out of my head "I'm a m...m...m...m...m...MONKEY Man".

October 4, 2006 at 1:50 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus... now I feel old. Thanks Kat.

October 4, 2006 at 1:50 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a monkey, man and boy.

October 4, 2006 at 1:51 p.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

FIRE SHEEP!!! Vicious deadly wicked FIRE SHEEP!!!

Ph3ar me now.



*plz to note Ricardipus also has bugger all to say at the moment.

October 5, 2006 at 9:58 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Mr. Fab - Then we are mortal enemies you and I. I can see the movie title now - Hidden Tiger, Crouching Monkey. Why the monkey is crouching doesn't bear thinking about.

FIRE SHEEP! Wa hoo! They.Are.The.Bestest. The Ph3aring has begun.

*plz to note I have, of late, suffered the same affliction. It'll pass.

October 5, 2006 at 10:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home