YARR!!! BLARGH!!!! SHIVER ME TIMBERS!!! PIECES OF EIGHT!!! DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!!! YAAARRRRR!!!! *cough, cough*
I almost missed it. In fact, I did miss it in the YooKay, but I've snuck (sneaked?) under the wire for North 'Murrica.
And now, for the edification of all you landlubbers, I be featurin' your best advice for gettin' down wit' your bad pirate self on this day of all days...
Top Ten Pickup lines for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day
(from the Original Talk Like a Pirate Day Website)
10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
8. Come on up and see me urchins.
7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?
4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.
2. Well blow me down?
And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …
1. Prepare to be boarded.
Top Ten Pickup Lines for the Lady Pirates
10. What are YOU doing here?
9. Is that a belayin' pin in yer britches, or are ye ... (this one is never completed)
8. Come show me how ye bury yer treasure, lad!
7. So, tell me, why do they call ye, "Cap'n Feathersword?"
6. That's quite a cutlass ye got thar, what ye need is a good scabbard!
5. Aye, I guarantee ye, I've had a twenty percent decrease in me "lice ratio!"
4. I've crushed seventeen men's skulls between me thighs!
3. C'mon, lad, shiver me timbers!
2. RAMMING SPEED!
...and the number one Female Pirate Pick-up Line:
1. You. Pants Off. Now!
Apparently, we lady pirates are a subtle breed.
Bwaaaak! Polly want a cracker!