Saturday, January 27, 2007

Canadian Idiot

So, as you may have noticed, I have migrated to the "new and improved" Blogger. The migration was uneventful, except that all during the migration process my lights were flickering, which often happens during a blizzard such as the one we had last night. I had visions of my entire blog going kablooey into the blogosphere if the power went out. Not the best time to migrate, but a girl's gotta find her excitement where she can.

So far, two complaints. Two and a half, really.

1. Commenting on other blogs is complicated by having to remember to type something different than before.
1-1/2 . I've been told commenting on my blog isn't as straightforward as before.
2. Can no longer post YouTube videos straight to the blog from YouTube as before.

Grrrrr and indeed, raaaaar.

So, you'll have to settle for a link instead to "Weird" Al Yankovic's Canadian Idiot (based on Green Day's American Idiot).

Canadian Idiot

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comments seem to be the same as they were before. As I don't have a blogger account.

January 27, 2007 at 7:52 p.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

'agpdtfyd' - the noise Ricardipus makes while fighting with Blugger.

But... labels. Are they good for anything? Can you categorize your posts (in a sidebar or somewhere)?

Just wondering... guess I'll find out when Blugger forces me to switch over.

Oh yes, and is the photo upload tool less flaky now? Just wondering that too.

January 27, 2007 at 7:58 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Well, perhaps it's just people with Blogger. Or just Ricardipus.

So far, the labels only seem good for me to find posts on particular topics (it shows up in the Edit posts page or whatever that's called).

Dunno about the photo upload. Haven't tested it yet.

One thing that's better? The email you get when someone comments tells you to which post the comment applies. I like that.

Now. Let's see if I can sign in properly first time this time.

ljxttnj - How these learning curves make me feel.

January 27, 2007 at 8:14 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Nope. It took two tries.

January 27, 2007 at 8:15 p.m.  
Blogger nanuk said...

I'm going to do a minor makeover soon, so I'm glad to hear there are no major glitches. Thanks for the video, too.

January 28, 2007 at 1:04 p.m.  
Blogger Rik said...

I don't mind it, except when I comment then it asks me to sign in, and then I have to retype the comment after I've signed in...

As for youtube, seems to work for me on my weeteevee wednesdays.

wv: szbizes - the word used for canadians who have relationships with their siblings.

January 28, 2007 at 6:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was forced to migrate too.

But at least I can "done a poo" again.

January 29, 2007 at 6:21 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always thought that "you tube" sounds like some sort of vague insult.

January 29, 2007 at 10:03 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sensing some kind of frustration here...how did that make you feel...,xomvdppg???

January 29, 2007 at 3:53 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Mr. Fab - Hideeho, good neighbour! Long time, no comment. Yes. Grrrr. And raaar.

Nanuk - Everything seems okay. And you're welcome!

Rik - I'm with you on the comment thing.

Trt - Assimilation you will endure. Pooing is very important.

Steve - It does, doesn't it? "You tube!" Sounds rather insulting.

TC - Moi? Frustrated? Jamais!

Oh lord! It says to "choose an identity" and "sign in with your Google account." Also, "You can also use your Blogger account. Lies! All filthy lies!!!

January 29, 2007 at 11:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home