Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Still spinning


March roared by in a blink and so far, April is moving at a similar pace. I feel like I'm in hell on acid. I leave Wednesday morning for a town 765 kms away to stage manage a play in a competition. Don't get back until Sunday. The choir sang a major work on Mar 30 & 31 (rehearsals for the 3 nights previous) the play we're taking to festival ran Mar 22 & 24 and leading up to that we had 5 rehearsals a week because we lost so many earlier in the winter due to blizzards. Got a free-lance job to do the layout for a theatre program for another theatre group (paying). It had to be to the printer on Mar 26. A long-term employee has retired from the office. They're not replacing her and my workload has almost doubled and the person whose duties I've assumed is too busy to help me because he's assumed the duties of the retiree. In any event, he's on vacation in the US right now. He booked it before we knew she was retiring. D2 has high school grad (much fuss). D1 has university grad (she's not going) but she is going. To Alberta later this month. To live. (That's 6,350 kms away for the non-Canucks.) While I'm glad she has the amibition and wherewithal to do so, I'm going to miss her terribly.
Gah. And argh. And shoot me now. If I'd known the changes at work were coming down the pike, I'd never have agreed to get involved in this play.

After Sunday things should calm down considerably. Either that, or I shall be shooting myself. Either way, I'll get a break!

9 Comments:

Blogger Richard Wintle said...

January, February and March were pretty brutal here, too. April seems to have a little more breathing room in it though.

*takes breath

Okay, so much for that. May approaches...

April 11, 2007 at 2:57 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally random comment not related to anything you wrote, but... Don't you have a beagle named Abby?

April 11, 2007 at 11:45 p.m.  
Blogger Misty said...

Pudsey has sent some bonios laces with valium via carrier pigeon to you.

Hang on in there, hope you don't get too dizzy!

*hugs*

April 12, 2007 at 7:59 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

On the other hand, I got asked if I'd be interested in stage managing for money for a local professional company...

And yes, my Beagle's name is Abby, but sadly, she was almost two when we got her, so we didn't get to see her as a cute puppy. That is one of the cutest puppies i've ever seen.

April 16, 2007 at 6:14 p.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

*Dances around doing creditable one-man band/can-can line impersonation:

POST POST POSTY-POSTY POST POST POSTY-POSTY POST POST POST POST POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSTTTT!!!

[etc.]

April 17, 2007 at 12:59 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

I'd pay to see that.

The one-man band/can-can line impersonation that is.

April 17, 2007 at 2:28 p.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

Yeah, ok, I'll get that up on YouTube right away for you.*


*possibly not.

April 18, 2007 at 12:35 a.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

Gosh, you must be dizzy by now.

Note to other visitors - Dawn was alive and well yesterday, unless she has some script-bot thing that responds to emails ;)

April 21, 2007 at 3:16 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

She is still alive and well. Just finishing up the spinning.

signed,
~ The Bot

April 21, 2007 at 4:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home