Friday, May 18, 2007

Waiting for the 1st Annual ECB


It's 6:45 p.m. local time, which makes it 10:15 p.m. GMT, which means Ricardipus has already boarded his plane at Heathrow. According to the trusty airport website, his flight is on time, which is peculiar as it's not supposed to have taken off yet, so that's a neat trick.

Unbeknownst to him, I have a T-shirt from the local geological museum for him featuring a silk screen of trilobites, which should please him as he's one of those scientist types. I hope it's the right size. If he turns out to be 4'8", I'm in trouble. Or he has a new nightshirt.

I also have some balancing accoutrements. Not ducks. Oh no. Something more apropos to the locale. "What?" you ask in excitement, "WHAT???"

You'll just have to wait for the photos.

-------------------------------------

Update 5:00 a.m. - What a lovely, sweet man. More after I've had some sleep.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Rik said...

just for your information, it's not GMT here at the mo, it's bst (British Summertime).

I bet it was weird meeting in the airport at that time. It must have been deserted.

May 19, 2007 at 7:58 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!

*waits for more details with baited breath*

May 21, 2007 at 6:08 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dawn : Email me at steve at stevedix dot de. I have a DVD of the comedy act waiting.

May 21, 2007 at 6:29 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

It was busy upon his arrival and busy again as his plane was about to leave but pretty darned quiet in between.

Bated, darling, bated.


kvusoo - Kvusoo? I hardly know you...

May 21, 2007 at 10:59 a.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

Hi there - I showed up, by the way.

Oh, you knew that already.

More details to follow... but:

a) Dawn is also lovely, and put up with my dreadful jetlag most bravely.

b) The T-shirt is this: Aces!

c) rik - not the weirdest thing I've ever done. Dunno about Dawn but I suspect not for her, either. ;)

More at my place whenever I get around to posting... some of my travel exploits may show up somewhere else as well.

/teaser mode

May 21, 2007 at 2:53 p.m.  
Blogger The Aunt said...

BLOGMEET!!!!!!

Has Brussels started a fashion?

May 21, 2007 at 4:07 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Yes, you showed up, you brave man you. And he wasn't that jetlagged, as least outwardly (although I did fear he was really thinking "Go away, crazy lady and just let me sit in peace!")

He also gave me a T-shirt AND a w00t! coffee mug from his place of employment. (hint: cool scientific place)

Not the weirdest thing I've done by a long shot, but just never you mind what was...

And yes, I do believe Brussels has started a fashion. Although jelly-filled cowbags have yet to appear in the stores, sadly.

May 21, 2007 at 5:05 p.m.  
Blogger jkirlin said...

blogmeet? BLOGMEET???

YOU BLOG MET????

Didn't I urge you to start blogging? Was that me?

AND DIDN'T I SAY DO NOT BLOG MEET? ;)

June 3, 2007 at 10:55 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Yes, blogmeet.

Yes, yes we did.

Yes, yes you did. That was, in fact, you.

No, no you didn't.

Of course, you do realize that the next time I visit my home province, WE could have a blogmeet.

June 3, 2007 at 11:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home