Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Stephen King moment.

So, I'm leaving my car and crossing my driveway to climb the steps to the front door when I hear a high-pitched whine... kind of a small motor kind. I look around... see nothing likely to be the source.

And then I see it. A small remote-controlled SUV is trundling down the middle of the street, seemingly on its own. It rolled on past the end of my driveway and down almost to the stop sign on the corner... and still no one in sight.

I was almost to the front door before I saw the kid walking down the sideway with the controller in his hand.

For a second there, I thought we were being invaded by very rich, very environmentally-UNconscious Lilliputians.

1 Comments:

Blogger Richard Wintle said...

It's when you begin to see dozens, then hundreds, that you need to worry...

'cehrgxww!!!' - what you yell as hundreds of tiny wheels run you over

June 22, 2007 at 12:15 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home