Saturday, September 01, 2007

I'm still here...

I'm still alive!

I speak to you today from the Soon-to-be-Improved House of Wrath, incredibly busy doing house-type things. Painting and tearing up carpet (before the Department of Health cites me) and engaged in an all consuming fit of downsizing that has me doing things like discarding all the unused junk we have accumulated over the years and held onto for the oft-threatened "yard sale" - the puzzles and toys, baby furniture and car seats, furniture that is past its best, even including, and possibly featuring as the best example of the horrid state of depression-driven ennui in which I existed for most of the past decade or so, the dreadful, cheap and thoroughly worn out TV stand left behind by the former homeowners because it was junk... 16 1/2 years ago*. So you can imagine its worth today. *ahem!*

So... whilst I toss and scrub and tear up and paint and so, and on the theme of house-type things, here's a Hugh Laurie sketch for your diversion.


See what I did there? Just qualified for the Ricardipus All-Canuck Longest-Blog-Sentence-Evah Award is all. Yay! And, w00t!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Richard Wintle said...

That was, truth be told, an impressively long sentence that hardly rambled on and on and on at all.*

16 and a half years? C'mon, only 33 and a half more years and it'll be an antique. You should hang on to it. And no, you can't store it in my basement.




*The word "hardly" is here being used in a slightly unconventional sense.

September 1, 2007 at 8:49 p.m.  
Blogger zoe said...

"fit of downsizing"

you can't get any smaller - STOP!

September 2, 2007 at 8:17 a.m.  
Blogger The Aunt said...

My flatmate and I bought a sewing machine yesterday. For some unknown reason, this made me throw away all my bills pre-1997 and a large quantity of my tertiary education literature. I had forgotten I had read so much, indeed I've forgotten most of what I read.

I like a clean-out, when I've the energy for it.

September 2, 2007 at 8:54 a.m.  
Blogger Alistair Coleman said...

Heh. She said "toss"

September 3, 2007 at 9:00 a.m.  
Blogger Cooper said...

What a classic bit!!!! It's wild to watch the old Black Adder episodes to see Laurie play the goofy Prince.
The bartender, btw, is Stephen Fry who has written some of the funniest books (Th Liar, The Hippopotamus) and shows up in cameos in a lot of the brit-coms (Young Ones, Black Adder)

Good luck with the purging. We've been doing that for a few months now. I still feel like we have 20 years worth of crap and we've tossed a bunch of stuff. It seems to multiply on its own.

September 4, 2007 at 1:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home