Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Mouse Tales


Reading Misty's "Hello Kitty" post today reminded me of my own tale of kitteh safari exploits.
Picture it. Sicilly*. 1988.
Very small but excellent kitteh (pictured here in a very bad scan of a rather old photo) brought a live, but stunned mouse into the house whilst my parents were visiting.
"Eek!" said Mother, who was terrified of mice.
"Argh!" said Father, dreading the thought of the chase.
"Mwargh!" said Ex, who was rather afraid of everything.
"Hand me a plastic bowl," said I, being closest to the mouse.
"What for?" they all enquired.
"For to entrap Mr. Mouse in a safe and humane manner," quoth I, in a wonderful moment of clarity.
Mouse duly entrapped, I requested a piece of cardboard. Slipped it under the little mousy and carried him safely to the field acroos the street.
"Yay! said Mother.
"Hurrah!" said Father.
"Wibble..." said Ex.
"Damn!" mumbled Kitteh.
The cat never forgave me and for the remaining 12 years of her life never, ever brought home a fresh kill. Or a stale one for that matter.
The End.

100% TRUE STORY




*Slighty west of. With very large values for slightly.

10 Comments:

Blogger Richard Wintle said...

Your relatives (and ex-relatives) are very Si-silly. 100% TRUFAX.

I had a room-mate who once encountered a mouse in the kitchen in the middle of the night. He beat it to death with a broom, then, too freaked out to move it, retired to bed.

Room-mate #2, who came across the battered corpse early in the morning, was not amused.

Also 100% TRUE STORY.

October 9, 2007 at 4:04 p.m.  
Blogger Rik said...

You are not mad. We know.

October 9, 2007 at 4:10 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

I am not mad. However, my family name is Norman for "silly, 100%"

Also, R'pus' roommates? No sense of humour at all.

October 9, 2007 at 5:04 p.m.  
Blogger Alistair Coleman said...

You took it over the road, where it was run over by a bus.

There, fixed the ending for you.

October 9, 2007 at 5:08 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Well, that's just silly. I watched it get on the bus safely myself.

October 9, 2007 at 5:11 p.m.  
Blogger Misty said...

I do not believe that teh kitteh mumbled "Damn"


Kitteh's vocabyewlery is far teh betah than "Damn"

"Mrrzryzmewckchermrr", would have been teh word.

K?

October 9, 2007 at 8:05 p.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

Scary's comment reminds me of another mouse-related story... having live-trapped one in my garage, I took it away to a nice, sparsely treed snowy field on an industrial park nearby and let it go. Hop hop hoppity it went, dark brown moosie agin' t'white, white snow.

It hardly takes a hawk's eye to spot such a wee tim'rous beastie under such circumstances.

You fill in the rest.


'omffpgg' - what you scream when you're mobbed by a bunch of pigs.

October 9, 2007 at 11:31 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

@ Misty - True. Kitteh's vocabMEWlary was extensive. But this IS a family blog, y'know.

Oh, wait. No, it's not. "Mrrzryzmewckchermrr," it was, then.

@ R'pus - Poor, dear, departed, killed to death moosie.

LOLZ at omffpgg definition.

yehsq - kitteh for "fo shizzle!"

October 9, 2007 at 11:51 p.m.  
Blogger zoe said...

i bet the kitteh said something far ruder than "damn". perhaps "merde"? it could have been a french-speaking kitteh, tu vois. and then the kitteh looked at you and said "salope!".

well, why not. my son calls his sisters that all the time.

October 10, 2007 at 10:24 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My present outside "Ketteh", has been inviting 'possums over for dinner. Rather to share his dinner, that is.

This morning, I came home to find #9 in the live trap. (I drive them down to the lake to release them)



Tokarev

October 12, 2007 at 10:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home