Saturday, November 03, 2007

Dancing as fast as I can


Rik commented a few posts back that it was nice to see a "real" post instead of just a link to a YouTube video or some such. And he's right. I haven't been writing much lately. In fact, at all. But there are reasons...
How I've spend my morning, for instance. Got up, stripped the bedding, threw it into the washer, (Where it still is. Note to self: put it in the dryer!) made coffee, cooked and ate omelette (Using Egg Beaters for the first time. Not bad. Added tomato, brocolli, cheese and mushrooms. Yum!), fed cat and dog, let dog out to pee, let dog back in, clipped the dog's nails, applied styptic powder to the one I cut too closely, (Sorry, Abby!), cleaned the blood off the floor, swept up the nail clippings and trimmed hair, cleaned her ears, did dishes, (Yes! I washed my hands first!), called the director to set time to meet to discuss props, searched teh interwebs for dolphin and whale (smiling) graphics to create prop stationery for play, reviewed CDs for music for pre-show, intermissions and post-show, put camera battery in charger in preparation for cast photos tomorrow, thought about suitable posts for photos so as to work everyone in, accurately portray the tone of the play but not give anything away.
I've got about half an hour before I have to leave for the director's house during which I will need to shower, put another coat of paint on a prop, pack up my case making sure I include the CDs so she can review the music I'm suggesting while we go over props, let the dog out to pee again, put the bedding in the dryer, dry my hair and get dressed.
Tomorrow, I'll be in play rehearsals from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00, grab some lunch, go to choir rehearsal from 2:30 to 5:00 and then come home, finish the laundry, do some cleaning and get stuff ready for the week ahead.
So, that's my days "off." During the week, I work from 9:00 to 5:00 have rehearsals 3 times a week from 7:30 to 10:00 or so... that's why I haven't been posting. And now, instead of summing this post up in a rational, satisfactory conclusion... I gotta go! Bye!
P.S. - Also prepare for incoming tropical storm. Fun times.

11 Comments:

Blogger Rik said...

You sound almost as busy as me... and yet I still have time to post AND comment on yours.

so ner :-p

November 4, 2007 at 5:07 a.m.  
Blogger Alistair Coleman said...

Blah blah blah blah me me me me

What?


*legs it*

November 5, 2007 at 10:46 a.m.  
Blogger Rik said...

Ignore Scary. He's never busy, and always has too much time on his hands to go Nork hunting on t'internet, peddling his book, or finding funny stories in every newspaper website around the world.

November 5, 2007 at 11:36 a.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Yes, and you're only "man-busy" which, like man-flu isn't very busy at all.

*legs it after Scary*

November 6, 2007 at 4:09 p.m.  
Blogger Cooper said...

so what's the play?

November 6, 2007 at 7:43 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

"A Flea in Her Ear"

November 8, 2007 at 12:27 a.m.  
Blogger Misty said...

You should train Riley and Abby to do some housework.

Although Abby prolly won't be able to do much if you keep chopping her paws to pieces.

Hang on in there chuck.

November 8, 2007 at 2:06 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. I know that day. But then yours sounds so much more DEEP than mine. And where you live, so appealing. I realize the grass...she is green on the other side.

Glad to hear from you.

November 8, 2007 at 11:55 p.m.  
Blogger Harris said...

I wonder how the egg companies feel about a competing product called "egg beaters?" I guess at least they didn't cal it Better than Eggs...

oh, wait a sec

Aitch

November 13, 2007 at 4:33 p.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

[peeks at Dawn's place]

Ok, back to work. Both of us.


'zzqcut' - the cue that gets cut because the stage manager is sleeping.

November 15, 2007 at 12:55 a.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

You must be awfully tired by now, with all that dancing and all.

November 21, 2007 at 12:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home