Thursday, March 06, 2008

Curtains


So, as I was saying...

Oh.

Right.

No, I wasn't. I haven't written anything in weeks. My bad

So... renovations at work... much mess, smell, dust, noise and I am about to be kicked out of my office while they paint and lay the new carpet. Which works well, as I'm taking next week off as one of my oldest (as in having known me the longest - I have older friends), dearest friends is coming to visit for a week. And when I get back to work, voila! newly spruced up office.

Tonight was opening night of the first production I haven't been involved in (except to lay out the program) since 2005. It's been torture. All night long, I've been looking at the clock thinking,

"6:30 - actors' call time."

"7:00 - voice check, sound check, headset check, double check the props time."

"7:30 - ensure the stage is clear in preparation for..."

"7:40 - house opening."

"8:00 - curtain!"

It's now 10:16 and I'm dying to know how it went!

The weird thing is, this is the first winter in three years that I haven't been dragging myself to at least three rehearsals a week and I still feel like I'm really busy every evening. Granted, I've been going to the gym most evenings, which fills an hour and a half, but still... how did I ever manage?

I wonder how it went...

5 Comments:

Blogger Richard Wintle said...

At least you're getting out of the house to go to the gym. I'm just sitting here on my duff making weird digital artwork things and pretending not to be incredibly geeky and lame.

I think I'll email my wife now, she's just across the room.

March 8, 2008 at 12:12 a.m.  
Blogger Alistair Coleman said...

Meanwhile, back at the theatre:

"God, we were RUBBISH"

"Yeah, I blame the stage manager."

"Hmm... you're not wrong. We MUST get Dawson back for when we do Equus"

"She can do the auditions as well"

"Sorted"

March 10, 2008 at 9:29 a.m.  
Blogger nanuk said...

I must be entering my second childhood - I cannot read or watch anything to do with the theatre without Warner Bros' "This is It" as background music for every thought.

March 10, 2008 at 9:32 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember those days...late rehearsals jammed into everything else...and somehow there was the energy to do it all.

March 11, 2008 at 2:32 a.m.  
Blogger #Debi said...

Hey, if you're looking for something to do, there's a movie quote quiz over at my place...


/shameless plug


nosmkmc: the microphone for non-smokers

March 11, 2008 at 8:35 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home