Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The freak has been shod


So. It appears some stores actually exist to provide customers with product. The service still left something to be desired. Although the clerks were very pleasant and polite and it didn't seem like waiting on me was the most dire situation they'd ever been in or they were just waiting to escape to the store room to attempt seppuku by shoe horn, they tried to wait on everyone at once, which doesn't really work. But they were patient and knowledgeable.
And even though I have freak feet with THE SMALL and THE WIDE, they had several styles for me to choose from and quite happily offered to order something in if I saw a style they didn't have in my size or the colour I wanted.
And they didn't once try to offer me sandals, even though they had lots of them in stock.
They had pretty darned fashionable shoes, too. I bought very plain serviceable ones to start (because you know I'm stuck with expensive shoes now for the rest of my natural life) and they look much better in real life than the photo above. And boy are they comfortable. They are wide where I have TEH WIDE and narrow where I need TEH NARROW (Did you read that, Jenny? And they have stores all over the US! Rejoice!) and small where I need TEH SMALL. They are leather. They are black. They are both suitable for the office and compatible with jeans. Sadly, they are slip-on but you can't have everything.
My shoes. They are full of win.
Also. Today I held in my hot little hand a size 20 (as in TWENTY) man's shoe. I thought it was a display thingy, but it was a real shoe. Biggest shoe I've ever seen in my LIFE. Not sure why, but I thought of Rik... *waves Wales-ward*

10 Comments:

Blogger Alistair Coleman said...

You know what they say about men with big feet?

Oh, you do.

May 8, 2008 at 6:55 a.m.  
Blogger Richard said...

Apparently it's all lies.

May 8, 2008 at 5:35 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Yeah. I know.

Expensive shoes.

May 8, 2008 at 7:31 p.m.  
Blogger Rik said...

Dawn: Jesus had big feet. How else can you explain walking on water? I have also posted about having big feet in the past (http://rikaitch.blogspot.com/2007/11/body-and-sole-or-toeing-line.html)

As for what they say about men with big feet, the answer's big shoes/socks. Although my dick is surprisingly large as well*.

*may also contain traces of lie

May 9, 2008 at 7:08 a.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

Good think rik cleared *that* up for us then.

I also have big(gish) feet and large hands. *ahem*

Speaking of TEH WIN, I just bought a new pair of shoes at Winners. I felt a bit like trailer trash doing it, but they are Dockers and I am happy.

Like anyone cares.

May 9, 2008 at 2:45 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Shopping at Winners makes you trailer trash? Gosh. I did not know that.

Also, for verification of R'pus' hand size, see the blog banner. I'm just sayin'...

May 11, 2008 at 1:17 a.m.  
Blogger #Debi said...

You know, looking at the banner, the tagline, "a division of the ministry of funny walks" has begun to take on a new meaning now that you've told your story...

May 11, 2008 at 9:10 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute shoes. You did very well after your traumatic start!

May 12, 2008 at 6:44 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

#debi - Yep. That's the origin of the MFW title.

bc - Thanks! They're not bad.

May 15, 2008 at 8:22 p.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

P.S. Sorry, that comment of mine re: Winners was awfully snobby.

*beats self with polyester slacks

May 20, 2008 at 9:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home