Thursday, September 18, 2008

Woe, woe and thrice woe - Part the Fourth - What's that on the road - A head?

When we left our intrepid blogger in Part the Third, it was 1:30 p.m. on a lovely (now that she was about 400 kms inland) Friday and she was hurtling westward at 112 kph, approximately 473 kms into a 672 km trip, sipping the world's finest coffee, with a dying cell phone, no car charger, a distressing wobble coming from the wheels and having decided to press on despite the car's exhaust system being disturbingly grumbly.

So I'm toodling along, weather much improved, coffee much improved, wishing I'd brought slightly livelier CDs that don't threaten to lull me to sleep, when I notice the care ahead of me swerve slightly to avoid something on the road.

Something in pieces. Brown. And not brown. Disturbingly red, in fact. Scattered the width of the west-bound lanes. It is an Ex-Bunny.

And then I see it. A cute, wee, ickle bunny head, sans cute, wee, ickle bunny body (see, brown and red above), still relatively intact, spinning in rapid circles in the middle of the lane. I carefully aim the car and resist the urge to lift my feet, braced for the possibility of a miscalculation in the trajectory of the spins, with the resulting *crunch* of wee bunny skull.

But I dodge that bullet and continue west-ward. The rest of the trip is resoundingly DULL after that point.

I reach the last Usual Refueling Stop before my destination and check the gas gauge. I am quite amazed to realize that I must be getting fabulous gas mileage, as I have driven almost all the way across the island on less than one tank of gas. Either that, or I have the largest gas tank on a mid-sized import known to humankind. I fill 'er up, and trundle onward. I am almost at my destination and about to drive through one of my favourite sections of highway on the entire island.







Is mountains. Squeee!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TY for the continuation of the story...will there be a part the fifth on how you survived wheel wobble and exhaust clatter? :)

September 20, 2008 at 8:29 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OR....you could just "grumble" it here :)

September 20, 2008 at 8:34 p.m.  
Blogger cala said...

yikes, sorry to bug you to con't this blog and have to relive the ex-bunny bit :-(

I was thinking something mighta happened to the car...not sure if you made it to your destination or not.

September 23, 2008 at 11:19 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

I think it goes up to Part the Forty-seventh... hehehehe... no, but there will be a conclusion.

Actually, the ex-bunny was one of the best parts of the trip is a macabre sort of way. I thought, "I am SO gonna blog this!"

September 23, 2008 at 11:44 p.m.  
Blogger Richard Wintle said...

I think I missed parts one through three... :(

September 26, 2008 at 5:09 p.m.  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Well, a RESPONSIBLE blogger would have links provided for you.

Maybe later...

zuhdaki - Greek sub-compact

September 26, 2008 at 5:18 p.m.  
Blogger Joy said...

How soon will we have the next part?

September 26, 2008 at 5:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home